Friday, June 10, 2011

Fill in the blank Friday!

This weekend, I have tonight and tomorrow all to myself and I have NO PLANS. Yay!!  Sunday, I'm gonna spend the day reconnecting with my sweet hubby and hit the farmers' market Sunday afternoon if they're open.  They weren't last Sunday.  I am DYING for some yellow squash!!

My last vacation was in March.  A staycation, the best kind!  I stayed home most of the week, went to IKEA with Ami and Brian, got a massage, did my spring cleaning, read, hung my laundry out on the clothesline, got lots of rest and just had the best time right by myself.

My next vacation will be in July.  Don't have any plans yet.  Another staycation sounds good to me!  I'll go somewhere, though.  Maybe back to High Falls.  That was SO nice.  I do plan to clean and waterproof my deck sometime this summer.  Might as well do it then!

My favorite ways to relax are napping, taking bubble baths and lighting candles or incense (patchouli is my favorite!).

When vacationing, one should always eat local food!  Never, ever eat at McDonald's when you're on vacation!  You can get McDonald's at home.  Find some little hole-in-the-wall place.  Those are the best places to eat! 

When vacationing, one should never forget to take your own pillow!  And if you're like me, your own sheets and towels.  'Cause yuck.  The first thing I do when I get checked into a hotel is take that comforter off the bed and pile it up in the corner.  I've seen Dateline.

The best part about a vacation is just getting away and seeing and experiencing new things!

2 comments:

  1. Lawd girl, whatcha goin to do w/yoself???? Whatever you want would be the answer...LOL
    Being in one's own company is a good thing....
    Just ENJOY.....your days!
    Funny, I do NOT like those comforters in vac.spots either...even w/o watchin a program!! LUV ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I couldn't agree with you more about eating local food! I think eating things like McDonalds on vacation is such a waste! The local food is always the best, especially if you can find a great recommendation! YUM!!


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete