Saturday, June 18, 2011

Farmers market finds!

My local farmers market was finally open today!  Turns out they ARE closed on Sundays.  That's why they haven't been there the past two.  Duh.  It makes me very happy when businesses are closed on Sunday!  They are supposed to be!!  When I was a kid, you could forget going to a store on Sunday.  You better get what you need on Saturday!!  Sundays were for God and family.  As they should be.

They didn't have very much left by the time I got there but I was able to get what I wanted.  Mama got me some stuff that I'll pick up tomorrow so I didn't want to have too much.  So I just got a few yellow squash and some homegrown Georgia 'maters!  I also got the cutest little gourd cucumbers and some peaches.  They also have watermelons, cantaloupes, pink-eyed and purple hull peas, sweet corn, cabbage, Vidalia onions, peanuts for boiling, apples, Florida oranges and homemade jams and jellies.  If you're in the Byron/Centerville area, go check 'em out.

Just NOT on Sunday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment