Monday, February 13, 2012

Love birds

I am constantly amazed at the talents my husband has.  He can write, he can draw, he can take a bunch of little dots and turn them into stories for blind children.  Months ago, he memorized Jesus' Sermon on The Mount (Matthew 5 - 7) for a Bible study class and he can STILL recite it.  He'll be 59 the 24th of this month and he can still slam dunk a basketball and hit a baseball over the fence.  It's hard to keep up with him.  :)

He also makes the most amazingly beautiful, detailed soap sculptures.  He's made me a lighthouse and he's made a few others for family members.  He just made Ami a kitty for her birthday. They are such an actual labor of love for him, as he strains his eyes so badly making them.  But for our anniversary today, he made me this.  I've had it for a couple of weeks but couldn't open it until today, on the phone with him, so he could hear me squeal.  He loves to hear me squeal.  :)

Love birds!

Aren't they just precious?? 

He's always tried to follow the traditional anniversary gifts for me, like the third anniversary was leather and he got me a new wallet.  Some years he's had to be creative, which is another one of his many talents.  This year, our 13th, is the lace anniversary.  So look what he did!

Of course, he couldn't get his hands on any lace so he formed a number 13 on the bottom of my love birds with his SHOELACE.  How sweet is that??  I just love him.

1 comment: