Friday, July 29, 2011

Fill in the blank Friday!

Today's FITBF is about going back to basics.  I link up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do blog every Friday.  She picks the blanks.  It's become something I really enjoy doing!

So here we go.  Some basics about me.  :)

My favorite color is pink.  Girly, pretty, happy pink.  And I LOVE pink and brown together!  However, I do not love pink lips on me.  Toenails, okay, IF it's a hot pink or coral but light pink, no way.

My travel destination of choice is a beach.  Any beach.  Sand between my toes and in my butt.  LOVE.

My favorite type of food is Mexican.  I LOVE buritos, fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas, salsa (as long as it's not too hot), beans, rice, guacamole, all covered in CHEESE.  Yum!!

My happy place is my sofa.  My soft, overstuffed, comfy, incredibly nappy sofa.  Ahhhhhh!

My favorite saying is "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger", quoted by German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche in 1888.  I'm a strong, strong girl. Just sayin'.  :)

My dirty little secret is now, y'all don't think I'm crazy here but sometimes, I think inanimate objects have feelings.  Like this towel I used this week to clean out my little gardening shed.  It was FILTHY and I didn't want to bring it into my house, much less put it in my washing machine so I threw it away with some other things I was tossing.  This towel is a ratty little thin towel (the kind I actually prefer) and has been with me since I ordered a set of them from Fingerhut when I was 20.  So, yes, it's 24 years old.  And, yes, I made payments on them!  Fingerhut was awesome back then.  Anyway, I ordered a set of towels and wash cloths and kept them in my hope chest.  I have been using them almost exclusively since I moved into my home eight years ago.  Oh, I have lots of fluffy, expensive, thirsty towels in my bathrooms but I would just rather use these.  Call me crazy.  I like a thin towel.  Long story short, I hurt its "feelings" and I felt guilty about it so I got the towel out of the trash, hung it on my clothesline, let the Good Lord wash it with all that rain we got yesterday and now it's fine.  It's laundered and back in my bathroom, folded up with the rest of them.  :)

Something my friends might say about me is after that last blank, probably that I need to go to the nervous hospital!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment