Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Partay at the office

Today is our nurse, Michelle's birthday and we had a little party for her at the office!  I love birthdays at the office!!  We eat ALL the dang time but on birthdays, well, just look.

Chocolate ganache cake that Lisa P. brought

Seriously, how ridiculous is this CAKE??
Them little things stickin' up on top??  Chocolate!

We started Weight Watchers last Wednesday and we figure points like crazy women.  We all wanted a sliver of this cake so I crunched the numbers and came up with 11 points for a 16th of the cake.  That's a lot of points for a SLIVER.  Good grief.  I ended up eating half a sliver and then walking with Lisa S. during our lunch hour to make up for it!  Ha!

Bananas and strawberries for smoothies...that they're making WITHOUT ME 'cause I'm off this afternoon.  I will get one tomorrow, though, by cracky!

Buffalo chicken dip that I made Weight Watchers style,
3 points for a 1/2 cup!

We also had a huge bowl of fresh seasonal fruit, melons, strawberries, red grapes and pineapple that Norma brought but by the time I got around to taking pictures, that fruit was gone!  Fruit = 0 points.  Ha!

I don't know how WW is going to work for me but it's something new and exciting and I'm gonna try.  I did South Beach last year and was pretty successful, I lost almost 60 pounds, but I've been stuck for a while and I think I just need new motivation.  A new program to jump start my weight loss again.  I really would love to lose 30-40 more pounds so we'll see how this goes this summer.  It's the easiest program I've ever been on and not nearly as restrictive as South Beach or Atkins.

And Good Lord, if you can have chocolate ganache cake, that sounds like THE plan to me!!

Happy Birthday, Michelle!!  We're happy to have you with us!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That cake is sinful. Glad you took a bite of it.Enjoy your afternoom off. Love you.

    ReplyDelete