Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Southern Girls

I found some of these online and I added a few of my own.  Feel free to add some more!

A Southern girl:
  • Always refers to her father as "Daddy". 
  • Never leaves the house without her hair done and her makeup on.  What if you run into somebody you know???  And you know you'll run into somebody you know.
  • Never tells her true age, even if she has to be 39 for 20 years.
  • Never loses her temper in public.  Airing one's "dirty laundry" just isn't done!
  • Acquires at a very early age the art of making sweet tea, pecan pie and banana pudding.
  • Always makes her Rhett Butler feel like he's the one in control when everyone knows who actually runs the show!
  • Knows you don't scream obscenities at little old women who drive slow.  You say, "bless her heart" and go around her.
  • Always has at least two homegrown tomatoes on her kitchen counter in the summertime.
  • Knows that cornbread cannot be made without a cast-iron skillet.
  • Knows the difference in a hissy fit and a conniption.
  • Also knows that you HAVE a conniption and you PITCH a hissy fit.
  • Knows how many fish, collards, peas, beans, etc., make up a mess.
  • Knows exactly how long "directly" is, as in, "I'll be back directly."
  • Knows the best thing for a grieving family is a platter of fried chicken and some cold potato salad.
  • Knows that "just down the road" could be one mile or twenty.
  • Makes friends while in line.
  • Knows the plural of y'all is all y'all.
And from the mouth of Kenny Chesney...





If you don't get it, bless your heart!

2 comments:

  1. :) Lovin' the plural of y'all. I heard that in Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love it! I can relate to all that, except you know I ain't finna have no tomatoes out on my counter, or in my house at all, for that matter. Unless they're in a can and I'm about to make some lasagna. :D

    ReplyDelete