Monday, July 27, 2009

The Times They Are A' Changin'

I am only 42 and I'm already hearing the M word.  That cannot be possible.  I am only 42!

I am too young for this, right?

Wrong.  

I have the blood test results to prove it.

I am beginning the perimenopausal stage and the more I research it (and I've been just devouring everything online!!), the more I realize that this crap has been coming on me since I was 36.  Thirty-SIX.  It started as horrible mood swings that my doctor diagnosed as PMDD, pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder. She gave me some happy pills and I went on my way.  

That's as bad as it got until April. As in three months ago. Aunt Flo totally forgot how to get to my house and then when she found it, she completely trashed the place and would NOT freakin' leave.  It's been that way ever since.

I still have the mood swings but they don't seem to be getting any worse but something else has happened to me since 'round about April.  My sleep is ALL messed up.  I go from sleeping all the time (as in taking 3-hour naps every day when I get home from work) to not sleeping at all. And twice, I've woken up drenched in sweat and had to take a shower in the middle of the night.

Good times.

I'm determined to just roll with it and embrace this new journey in my life with the best attitude I can muster.  Poor Larry.  We are learning all about this together.  Neither one of us has a clue.  My doctor and I are trying some things because she also believes that I'm too young for this. I tend to lean more toward the natural way of doing things than she does but I hope the combination of our two approaches will slow this train down.

Choo choo chugga chugga chugga.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! I wonder if I have this to look forward to. I hope you can slow it down! I love that you tagged it with "wrongness". LOL!

    ReplyDelete