Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SKOY Cloths Yay!!

I was so excited to read about these cute little cloths today!  
I haven't used paper towels in over two years, much to the irritation of my family when they're at my house.  I don't TRY to irritate them.  It just happens.  :)

I use dish rags for everything. Even when I occasionally fry me some squash or green tomatoes.  Hey, I AM a Southern girl after all. To me, paper towels are just an unnecessary, expensive waste of our resources, not to mention adding to trash in a landfill.  So I've been saving a tree here and there and reducing my garbage for a couple of years now by just not buying them.  Probably saved a buck or two, too.

BUT I worry about spreading germs around.  

I was reading some eco-friendly sites today and I discovered these 100% biodegradable cloths that are made in Germany (gotta love Europe's eco-friendliness!) and completely break down in about five weeks.  They can just be washed and wrung out or even put in the dishwasher and cleaned and reused.  I liked that most of all.  And get this.  One cloth is the equivalent of 15 rolls of paper towels.  Wow.

So I ordered the multi-colored pack with the flowers (of course!) and I cannot wait to get them! They are very affordable, too, about $8 for four. 

**** UPDATE ****
I got them today, Friday, July 17th!!  That was fast!!!  I'm in love with them already.  They are great for washing dishes and cleaning counters.  I discovered that right away.  And they are sooooo cute, too. Much cuter in person.  Yay!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about skoy cloths. I've listed your tablecloth on etsy. I totally forgot about listing it util tonight. It's been finished for some time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound neat! And I'm liking the background. :)

    ReplyDelete