Sunday, July 12, 2009

Li'l Weekend Update

Friday was my niece, Jessica's, 18th birthday. She's 18 going on 30 and has grown up waaaaaaay too fast to suit me. Seems like I was just rocking her to sleep last month.

We had a little party for her here Saturday afternoon with Mama and Daddy and Ami and Brian and Jessi's boyfriend, Justin.

Jessi has always had the habit of running her finger through cake icing and licking it and I am SO happy that Brian got this picture of her doing it!!! She has done that since her very first birthday cakes. She's going to kill me for putting this picture here but I just think it is so cute!!

She got lots of cool presents and we had ice cream, chocolate cupcakes with yummy cream cheese frosting that Mama made, Ami made and brought her crazy delicious fudgey brownies with chocolate frosting on top and we had guacamole, queso and chips from Moe's. I LOVE Moe's guacamole. It's the BEST!!!

Daddy, Brian and Justin put up a new clothesline in my backyard Saturday, too. I'm really excited about that. We always had a clothesline growing up and I've wanted one for a while but have just been too lazy to do anything about it. Ha! All I had to do was tell my mama I wanted one!! I love how sheets and towels smell after they've dried outside. I can't wait to try out that clothesline!

My Bell's Palsy is still kickin'. I'm done with my round of steroids so now I'm just waiting. I don't really want to turn this into a Bell's Palsy blog, I just hope if somebody stumbles upon my blog searching for stuff about BP, they might be helped by something I said. That said, Bell's Palsy sucks. Bad. Waaaaah.

I noticed today that I can will the right side of my mouth to turn up into a smile if I try really hard and focus. I love to smile and I miss that the most. I'll be so happy when I get my dimple back!

No comments:

Post a Comment