Sunday, May 3, 2015

Welcome, May!

Our little container veggies are getting big!  The cherry tomatoes and basil are a bust, I think.  They never did sprout.  But the cucumber, spinach, sweet peppers and cilantro are doing fine!  I told Larry we could eat that spinach right now.  If we made a salad in a ramekin!


We have seen a lot of wild bunnies running around lately so Larry put this little fence up around our garden, complete with gate!  We already have baby banana peppers growing!


I cleaned house from top to bottom yesterday while Larry cut the grass. 


And today, I weeded the flower beds and gave all the bushes and shrubs a haircut.  Everything looks so good.  I know I'm biased because I really love our house but I think we have the prettiest house and yard in the neighborhood.  The folks who built our house spared no expense in landscaping and there's so much beautiful stuff growing out there that I have no idea what some of it is.

I know what this is, though.  This is my official before pic of our magnolia.  Next week, that thing is going to be busting out with beautiful blooms!  It is loaded with buds.


This is that beauty right in the middle.


These are a few of my potted flowers that are on the deck, lovin' that sunshine.  




And this I think is a Lamb's Ear.  If I'm wrong, somebody tell me!


Tabbie Hoffman likes to lay in the flower beds.  :)


I really like how this picture turned out!  Hostas a'blooming!


This is one of my favorite parts of the whole yard.  The gate to the side yard surrounded by two gardenia bushes and a little brick walkway.


The moss is a nice bonus!


Larry cleaned the gutters, too.  They obviously needed it!


Banjo and the begonia.  :)


We have a little bird living in this fern on the front porch.  Every time we get near it, she takes off!  Don't know if she's got babies in there...


...but there are FIVE little blue eggs in this nest behind the speaker on the front porch.


Welcome, May!  I'm so glad you're here!

1 comment:

  1. Ginger has become an incredible photographer! LARRY SCHNEIDER

    ReplyDelete