Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas, #265!

Tonight before class, my friend Caitlin and I were walking around inside the school and we came up on the Christmas for Kids toy box up front. Around the sides of the box were little cards with a number, whether the number was a girl or a boy, their age and what they wanted for Christmas. I saw this card for a little girl, 10 years old and what she wanted was an Easy Bake Oven. She was #265. I told Caitlin that I remembered how excited and happy I was when I got my Easy Bake Oven and that I was going to get this little girl one and bring it back and put it in that box! After class, that's what I did. I went to Target, got it and drove back out to the college and left it in the Christmas for Kids box.



This is what mine looked like, some 35 years ago. I remember how excited I was and how I just LOVED it! My brother, Ricky, and I baked Jesus a birthday cake that Christmas morning! Those flat little chocolate pancakes were the yummiest cake I ever had. This is what they look like today! Like a microwave!! They still bake by the heat of a light bulb, though. That is so cool.

So, Merry Christmas, #265! I hope you love your Easy Bake Oven as much as I loved mine.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, that is SOOO sweet!! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised by this, Ginger, you have a beautiful generous heart. I just love the concept, and would probably do the same thing if there were such an outlet here in my city. Really wonderful mitzvah you did for that little girl, you can be proud of yourself - I'm proud to know you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look what memories and a loving heart can do. I love you for doing that.

    ReplyDelete