Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cold night

It's cold tonight. Yesterday was so warm and nice and after I did some grocery and a little Christmas shopping, I spent most of the afternoon barefooted and working in my yard. This morning wasn't bad, about 55 degrees, but as the day wore on, the temperature dropped. I told Larry when I felt it drop and I knew that it was getting cold outside. I was so thankful that I wore my new coat! In the twenty minutes that it took me to get back to Warner Robins this afternoon, the temperature had dropped from 37 degrees to 34 degrees. It's around 32 now and they are crazy talkin' 'bout some 17 tomorrow night!!

Larry's idea for supper tonight was tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. So here it is! Instead of heating a can of Campbell's, I made this soup with crushed tomatoes, milk, vegetable broth, thyme, salt and pepper. It sure hit the spot!

3 comments:

  1. I'm of the frame of mind there is nothin' better than grilled cheese with a bowl of tomato soup. Too bad we live so far away from each other or I would have crashed your dinner!

    Same thing happened to us weather-wise, too. Weird! Hello Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds alot better than the can stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I use the Campbell's stuff (gasp!) and "doctor" it up with some parsley, grated parmesan, fresh cracked black pepper, garlic powder and a beef bullion cube. It definitely doesn't taste "canned" after that! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete