Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wastin' Away Again In Robitussinville

As the two friends wandered through the snow on their way home, Piglet grinned to himself, thinking how very lucky he was to have a best friend like Pooh.
Pooh thought to himself, "If this pig sneezes, he's freakin' dead."

Y'all. I am still sick. Whatever touch of the flu I had last week has turned into a full blown cold and now I have this horrible cough and stopped-up head. I have been taking everything under the sun for it, Triaminic, Mucinex, Robitussin, Tylenol Chest Congestion and even my trusty Zicam, which ALWAYS works. I've also been sleeping with my humidifier on (so as Ruby says, "I am SO humidified!!"), drinking hot tea and honey and getting lots of rest. Nothing is helping. Somethin' bad done got a hold of me.

I left work early Friday and I've been home all weekend. Larry wouldn't even let me come see him. He's been calling checking on me but he wanted me to rest this weekend and get better. I'm trying!!

Waaaaaah. Y'all feel sorry for me. And then bring me some damn soup.

PS!!! For the first time in MY LIFE, I've lost weight and didn't even know it. I caught a glimpse of my profile in the mirror the other day and my belly looked flatter. I immediately jumped on that scale and hallelujah praise Jesus, I had lost EIGHT pounds. Wasn't even trying to.

3 comments:

  1. I am sending you a bouquet of daisies. Remember in You've Got Mail. A friendly little flower. Do you have tissues all over the house? I usually do when I am sick with a nose thing. I do hope you feel better soon.
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww. I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go. to. the. damn. doctor. Seriously!! You're not getting better--that's a sign you need to go get it seen about. I hope you feel better soon!! Don't make me come down there!

    ReplyDelete