We're having a li'l Halloween party at work tomorrow and I made these to take. Since our menu consists of Blood Clot Salsa and Vomit and Human Skin (that's dip and chips), I thought these toesies would be right at home.
I thought afterwards about using strawberry jelly instead of ketchup. Then we'd have some toe jam. Yuk yuk.
I know you're dying to make some for your own freak fest so here's how:
Ketchup or mustard
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut a wedge into the end of each cocktail wiener to make a toenail.
2. Cut the tortillas into strips about 4 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. Discard the ends.
3. Soften the strips in the microwave between damp paper towels for 10 to 30 seconds.
4. Roll each wiener in a tortilla strip and secure with a toothpick.
5. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven, then fill the toenail with ketchup or mustard. Remove the toothpicks before serving.