Saturday, September 5, 2009

It Doesn't Take Much To Make Me Cry...

...I am usually a complete washout.  So it really goes without saying that I watch a couple of these movies and I'm pretty much done for the day.  I was a little late getting on the Love Comes Softly wagon (ha!) a couple of years ago but I sure have made up for that. I'm in absolute love with these movies! I watch them every chance I get.  I got a few of them for Christmas last year.  The Hallmark Channel showed all of them today and I recorded them all to watch when I have the time to sit down and really enjoy them. They are so great!! There are eight of them now, Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise, Love's Long Journey, Love's Abiding Joy, Love's Unending Legacy, Love's Unfolding Dream, Love Takes Wing and Love Finds A Home.

They are the sweetest stories.  The movies are based on books by Janette Oke and they all center around one Christian family, beginning in the 1800's. My favorite one is the first one, Love Comes Softly.  That Clark Davis is the gentlest, kindest, most soft-spoken Godly man!!  You just want to hug his neck!!  He's a real cutie pie, too.  In fact, ALL of the guys in these movies are.  The stories have everything--drama, faith, tragedy and hardship and some of the strongest love you will ever encounter. They're good family movies (no cussin' and no sex) but they're good to just watch by yourself. Just make sure you wash your mascara off first.

No comments:

Post a Comment