Well, I just had to make some! And this is what it looked like!! It was actually pretty dang good.
This is the recipe I used. I found it on Paula Deen's website. You know Paula Deen done made some Cracker Salad. She fries collard greens and bakes whole hams in biscuit dough so I knew she'd know what to do.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium size bowl, coarsely crush the crackers with your hands - you should have big cracker pieces. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and serve immediately. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.