Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Almost-Birthday Goodies!

Larry has left little presents on my birthday tea cart this week.  And both days he had to ask me what that was on my tea cart.  Duh!  I understand yesterday but today, too??  Golleeee.

Yesterday there was this amazing piece of Biblical history!  It's a widow's mite and was struck by hand in Zero A.D., the year believed to be the year Jesus was born.  So it circulated during His life!!  It might have even been one of the two!!!  That would be so awesome.  In case you don't know the story, it's in Luke and Mark but here's Mark's take on it:

Mark 12:38-44  King James Version (KJV)
38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Jesus was not at all impressed with all those rich folks throwing money in, money that was really just a portion of their wealth and He knew they were pretty much just showing off.  But He was very happy with this poor widow woman gave every bit she had, willingly and without hesitation.  I think my little mite is one of her two.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  :)

 
Today, there was this adorable vintage bookends set with a little boy holding an ice cream cone and a little girl holding a present looking like they're going to a birthday party and they're kissing!!  

Sooooo cute!  I probably won't have the heart to put tiny books between them and separate them. 





These are my presents for tomorrow!  He let me open one tonight, though.  I'll give y'all one guess...


Yep!  Pyrex!!  A bowl with handles in the Old Orchard pattern.  I only had the one piece in that pattern.  Yay!!  Can't wait to see what's in the other boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment