Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Winter Solstice!

Today is the first full day of winter, the shortest day of the year.  I'll go along with that last part since it's 6:30 and pitch dark already outside.  BUT!!  From now until spring, every day will be a little bit longer, a little bit brighter.

I hate winter.  I hate cold weather.  I only want snow one morning a year and then I want it melted and gone by noon.  I am a sunny child.  I need sunshine and bright blue skies.  I tolerate winter and thank the Sweet Baby Jesus every day that He put me in Georgia.

Today, on this 22nd day of December, the Winter Solstice, it is a warm and toasty 72 degrees.  We're even under a tornado watch right now.  
See??

I still need to make bows and put ribbons on my presents so I'll go do that now.  In my shorts and tank top and, of course, barefoot.  :)
 
Merry Winter Solstice Rainy Tornado Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment