Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Winter Solstice!


Cute, huh??  Today is the first full day of winter, the shortest day of the year.  I'll go along with that last part since it's 6:30 and pitch dark already outside.  BUT!!  From now until spring, every day will be a little bit longer, a little bit brighter.

I hate winter.  I hate cold weather.  I only want snow one morning a year and then I want it melted and gone by noon.  I am a sunny child.  I need sunshine and bright blue skies.  I tolerate winter and thank the Sweet Baby Jesus every day that He put me in Georgia.

Today, on this 22nd day of December, the Winter Solstice, it is a warm and toasty 72 degrees.  We're even under a tornado watch right now.  
See??


I still need to make bows and put ribbons on my presents so I'll go do that now.  In my shorts and tank top and, of course, barefoot.  :)
 
Merry Winter Solstice Rainy Tornado Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment