Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December Daily

December 17th
Brian's birthday.  He and Ami and I have a little tradition of riding around and looking at Christmas lights after his birthday party.  We ride around Lake Wildwood, where they live, and then venture out into really nice well-to-do neighborhoods to see how the rich are doing Christmas.  This year, they didn't do so hot.  Some of them didn't even try.  Scrooges.  We had a lot of fun, me wrapped up in a quilt in the backseat and Brian and Ami up front.  We listened to a beautiful instrumental Christmas CD along the way.  It was very nice and cozy.  I look forward to this little tradition of ours all year!  We spotted this Christmas countdown in somebody's yard and I took a picture of it.  Not your usual Christmas light display and counterculture chick that I am, I chose this one for my December Daily shot for the day.  :)

 December 18th 
This pretty little clay jug came ALL the way from Bethlehem to rest on my hearth.  Our church said goodbye to its 14-year labor of love, Walk Through Bethlehem, this year and we had a celebration potluck supper Sunday night.  There were things that were used during those fourteen years that decorated the tables where we sat and we could take something home with us as a memento if we wanted to.  I got a brass candlestick and this little clay jug.

 December 19th
I finally got around to putting some lights up in my bedroom.  I twisted a strand of lights together with some green and silver garland and I love how it turned out!

December 20th
We had our Secret Santa Finale today at work and this is what I got!  A beautiful poncho-style sweater, a long-sleeved tee in a pretty hot chocolate brown and a pair of cute peace sign marshmallow socks!  My Santa this year was Cheryl, our office manager, and she really hooked me up!!  I absolutely love everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment