Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome August

Here's a picture I took today of Willow Lake in Centerville.  It's one of my August scavenger hunt pictures.  

Water.

I thought it was just so calm and peaceful and it reminded me that summer is winding down.  I'm not going to say it's "already August!" because I don't really feel like the summer has flown by.  I've had a great summer!  It's been HOTTTTTT, true, but we've also had some awesome thunderstorms and I had an amazing birthday and I've watched lightnin' bugs dance in my backyard, I've eaten homemade peach ice cream, cooked about a bazillion squash in my kitchen, grew actual vegetables that I could eat, saw some really good movies, read a couple of good books, took down a TREE all by myself, made good use of my clothesline and just enjoyed a whole peaceful, quiet week at home.  Oh, and naps.  I didn't mention the naps.  

School started back here today.  That really doesn't mean much to me since I don't have school-aged children but I'm sad for the kids.  Summer's over for them.  They went back too early!!  They still had lightnin' bugs to catch!  And honeysuckle to eat!  And creeks to jump in!  

I go back to school on the 23rd.  I've been out since May 5th!  I've had a lonnnnnnng break and I'm getting anxious to get back and at least finish this leg of my journey.  I'll graduate after this semester.  Where I go after that, I don't know.  I'm praying about it.

And I'm welcoming August, with its heat and still plentiful vegetables and somewhere out there, there's still gonna be a bowl of homemade peach ice cream. 

I'll give summer up in.....OCTOBER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment