Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter eve

This is what I made to take to our family Easter dinner tomorrow!  Broccoli slaw and a strawberry poppy seed salad.  They are both most yum.  I had to make sure, right??

This is everything (almost!) that I used!

First up, broccoli slaw.  (Thanks for the recipe, Kim!)
It's one pack of broccoli slaw (you can find it in the produce section),
two packs of chicken ramen noodles all broken up and a pack of Craisins.

 
For the dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup extra light olive oil,
1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
and the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles. 

Toss and top with slivered almonds and sunflower seeds. 
I'm saving those for last minute right before we eat tomorrow.

For the strawberry salad dressing (Ami suggested this one!), mix in a blender 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 tablespoon salt.

Whirr, whirr, whirr!

I used baby spinach and a spring mix, chopped a bunch of strawberries,
added a cup of blueberries, 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, some bacon bits
and feta cheese. I have some sweet and salty pecans to go on top. 
For you know, the last minute.  :)

It's just as delicious as it looks!!
That strawberry dressing is amazing!!

Now I'm off to dye eggs!
What are you making for Easter??

No comments:

Post a Comment