Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome, Summer!

I just love this picture!  It reminds me of so many summer days I spent as a kid playing outside every day until after dark, running through the sprinkler in the hot sunshine and drinking that cold well water right from the hose. 

We've had a couple of weeks of record high temperatures here in Georgia so it's been summer for us since the end of May! But today marks the official start of summer and the longest day of the year. Today was also the first Monday since April that I didn't have a class to go to. Sweet!! Not that I don't love what I'm doing but I'm glad to have the break.

I swear that dog next door must have read my blog 'cause since Friday when I got that training whistle, she has not barked!  It's amazing.  The only sounds I hear right now are the kids on the other side of me laughing and playing in their pool.  

Welcome, Summer.  I can't wait to see what you'll bring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment