Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

I am still celebrating my birthday! I went to Ami and Brian's yesterday to pick up my "swag", as Larry calls it. The swag he got me. He tells her what he wants, gives her the money and she does the shopping. I am so grateful to her for all the help she gives him!! Larry told me about a week ago about something that might be coming but he didn't want me getting my hopes up in case the person didn't follow through. As soon as it was out of his mouth, though, it was too late. My hopes were all kinds of up!! 

He'd gotten a letter from an old Army buddy telling him that he had Larry's

old helmet that he's held on to for 40 years. Larry wrote him back and gave him an address to send it to and it arrived ON my birthday at my sister's house! I cannot even tell you how excited I am to have it. It is a MIRACLE that it made its way to me after all these years. It was mine, mine, mine from the very beginning. I could not put it down last night. I even slept with it! Ha!! Larry's nickname back then was "Spider" (sooooooo cute!!) and when I saw that written on the chin strap, I just got all melty.

Larry got me a TomTom, too!! And I'm really excited about it. I've been wanting one for a while. Now I won't get lost no more!!! It's so cool. I'm still figuring it out and I'm gonna use it this week when I go exploring at High Falls. I'm wondering tonight how I'm gonna hike with a blister on my foot (thanks, new tennis shoes!) that is right in the SAME SPOT where I 'bout cut my foot off two years ago. Of course it is. Ow!!

I had a great birthday weekend. I spent both days with Larry and then yesterday afternoon, Ami, Brian and I went out to Chili's for supper and then went and did a little grocery shopping. I got some great stuff at the farmers' market today to eat this week while I'm on vacation (squash, onions, sweet potatoes, peaches) and I have a full week planned of stuff to do!!

Sleeping in tomorrow morning is first on my agenda. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment