Monday, December 28, 2009

Packing Up Christmas

I took down my Christmas tree today and all my decorations and lovingly packed them all away for another year.  It was sadder than usual for reasons I'm not sure I understand but I am glad it's done.

We had a wonderful Christmas in spite of a few little bumps and bruises.  It was the first Christmas in my life that I didn't see my brother but I guess I'll live.  It didn't kill him so I'm not going to let it kill me.  I enjoyed the day with Mama and Daddy and Ami and Brian.  We were blessed to have Uncle Jiggs with us again and the kids came so it was a good day.  We also got to see Maw and spend some time with her and that was great.  I'm so thankful to still have my Maw.

I got some awesome gifts, too!!  Ami gave me some cute bamboo socks with little peace signs on them, silver earrings, a silver change purse and some Twilight Woods bath stuff from Bath and Body Works.  That stuff smells soooooooo good!!  Mama and Daddy gave me some, too! And a pair of Ugg-like boots in chocolate brown.  LOVE them.  They are so comfy!!  They also gave me a set of Wonder Hangers.  I cannot wait to try them out in my closet!!  I have waaaaaay too many clothes and one little bitty closet.  I hope they work!!  I got lots of stuff in my stocking, too.  I really, really, really wanted a set of Paula Deen's cookware and Larry got me that. Another thing he got me was a set of Legos from the famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright's line.  COOL!!  I really racked up.  I am so blessed to have a family and husband who love me so much!

But now the tree is down and all of the ornaments and Santas and snowmen and Christmas towels and wrapping paper are packed away and back in the attic to wait out another year.  

I'm really looking forward to 2010.  I'm always excited at the prospect of another year.  A fresh start.  A second chance.  I don't really make resolutions, though.  I just try to do better than I did the year before. Love more, laugh more and worry less.

No comments:

Post a Comment