Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fried Green Tomatoes In December!

One more reason to love living in the south!

I made these for supper tonight. Daddy got them for me for Thanksgiving but in the craziness that is Thanksgiving, they were forgotten. Now that all the leftovers are eaten or composted, I thought I'd cook my 'maters tonight.

The first time I ever had them was many years ago with Mama at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette. We both LOVE the movie and just had to go to Juliette and be a part of where it was filmed. We had lunch, tomatoes and barbecue sandwiches ("Secret's in the sauce!"), and I was hooked for life!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks very appitizing. I know you enjoyed them as much I enjoyed the trip and the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious!! I ate at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette a few years ago and they tried to keep me...
    No really. haha
    We were the only customers and Dylan and Rickey went on out ahead of me out to the car and when I got to the door it wouldnt open--somehow the outside door was preventing the screen door from opening. I kept trying to motion to Rickey and Dylan to "Let me oooouuut" and the people in the cafe said "we're gonna KEEP you!" hehehehe. I was like, uhhh NO!! LOL

    ReplyDelete