Monday, November 9, 2009

The Sky Is Falling!

Well, actually, it's acorns. A hundred thousand acorns waking me up at 3:00 in the morning when they fall from my backyard oak tree, ping off the roof and then roll down and hit the patio. Pow! It sounds like a driving range around here.

And we don't even want to talk about what they do to bare feet. Ow!

They were like this last year, too. I did a little research and found out that every seven years or so, acorns reproduce like little pink bunnies and absolutely cover the earth with their round cuteness.

I also read that tons of acorns means a very cold winter ahead. Don't like that. If that's the case, Warner Robins better buy up all the bread and milk NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait until all the leaves fall. As for the acorns, your squirrels will enjoy them and store them for the winter. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic you cose for this one :)

    ReplyDelete