Saturday, June 20, 2009

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding


I made this 'nana puddin' for my daddy for his Father's Day dinner tomorrow. And yes, I realize the cookies are on there all willy-nilly, shut up.

I had to make another trip to Wal-Mart to get a third bag of the Chessmen cookies. Two bags are not enough. I tried to make them work, hence the willy-nilliness.

I don't think this banana pudding was on the dessert menu at The Lady and Sons Restaurant in Savannah when Mama and I went on our little beach trip last month. If it was, we totally overlooked it. I mean, after that fried chicken buffet with all the trimmings which included fried collard greens, we were 'bout to pop by the time dessert rolled around anyway. I heard about this recipe through one of the doctors I work with and I just had to make it.

I cannot wait to try it tomorrow. Jessi and I 'bout hurt ourselves just licking the spoons.

Here's the recipe! Y'all let me know if you try it or have tried it in the past. This was my first time.

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen


Ingredients

  • 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (you better go on and get you 3 bags!)
  • 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.



3 comments:

  1. Oh. my. GAWD this mess was good!!! And it got GONE in short order, too! Now you have to make it for every family thang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and immediately thought of Paula. Looks SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gained weight reading this post! :)

    ReplyDelete