Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bad Bad Day

Oh my God, Farrah Fawcett AND Michael Jackson on the same day???

I'm just stunned.

I have such great memories of both of them, having been a child of the 70's and 80's. I remember watching "Charlie's Angels" when I was a little girl. I loved Jill, Kelly and Sabrina so much and I wanted to be just like them when I grew up. I didn't realize until today that Farrah was only on the show the first season. It seemed like she was always an Angel. I got the Charlie's Angels dolls for Christmas in 1977 when I was 10 and Ricky had that famous red swimsuit poster of her hanging on the wall in his bedroom for years.









This would be the one.








There was a made-for-TV movie that Farrah did in the late 80's called "Small Sacrifices" in which she played a woman who was so obsessed with this guy (in the movie played by the love of her life, Ryan O'Neal) that she tried to kill her children because he didn't want to play Daddy. The night she shot her children, that old Duran Duran song, "Hungry Like The Wolf" was playing on her car stereo and I swear TO THIS DAY, I cannot hear that song without thinking about her shooting those kids on that desolate road!

Farrah was such a pretty lady, inside and out, a great actress and a good mama. She was brave, courageous, she fought her cancer for three long years, never giving up, never accepting her fate until the very end. I admire her so much for that. She was an "Angel" here on earth and now she can rest in peace with God's angels.

And what can I say about Mike? Man, the world is just not going be the same without Michael Jackson. What a phenomenal entertainer he was. In my opinion, he was at his best in the 80's. My high school days. The boy could do no wrong. Everything he touched, everything he sang, turned to gold. I wore my "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" albums slap out.

He had such a horrible childhood, from the abuse he suffered at the hands of his father to the fact that he never got to actually BE a child. He overcame what he could and was tormented by what he couldn't. So what if he was a little different? We are ALL different, in one way or another. That's what keeps life exciting. Whether or not he did what they said he did, to me, he was a kind, gentle soul and he did not deserve the misery the media of this country caused him.

Rest in peace, our King of Pop. You are finally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment