Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hallelu-yer!

A/C fixed at home.

A/C fixed at work.

Life is good.

Finally.

It's hot.  I know.  I KNOW.  It's Georgia in June.  The way I go on, you'd never know that this is my 42nd summer living here.  Wow.  42 summers.  Summer of '42.  Great movie.

I came home Sunday to a puddle of water in my kitchen.  It didn't take long to realize where the dripping was coming from.  The light fixture.  

See, the air conditioning unit is in the attic, directly over the kitchen.  I did not want it put there three years ago when I bought it because I did not want a stained ceiling, which I knew at some point I would have because I cannot have nice things.  They did it anyway.  They also didn't run a new drain and I've had trouble with the old one stopping up, oh, 'bout three years now.  Grrrrrr.

After spending a very uncomfortable night Sunday (God, I am so spoiled!) and having to wear my hair up in a clip Monday because it was, literally, a hot mess, the A/C guy came over and unclogged the drain and kissed it and made it all better.

Now at work??  I work at a pediatrician's office and for the past month and a half, it's been hot as blue blazes in there in the afternoons. Makes for some crrrrranky li'l young'uns, it does. 'Specially when they have to have shots.  Such good times.

They've replaced the compressor (that didn't fix it), they replaced the coil (that didn't fix it), they've cleaned the thing (that didn't fix it) and still, we were hot.  A different guy came out today and finally LOOKED at something and discovered that a duct was loose up in the attic.
And then he kissed it and made it all better.

I honestly do not understand how people get by in Georgia without air conditioning.  I know they do, though, and they'd probably think I'm just a big old whiney-butt.  So I'm not going to whine anymore.  

I'm going to sit here and watch the lightnin' bugs light up my backyard.

Welcome, my summer of 42!

 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it is all fixed now!! You know you need to come stay with us when something like that happens!!

    ReplyDelete