Tuesday, June 25, 2013

46 at IKEA

I spent my birthday yesterday at IKEA in Atlanta.  Brian, Ami and I left around 10:00, got there, had lunch and then shopped until almost 5:00!  We had so much fun and it was a wonderful birthday!!

Here are some pictures from our day!

This was my lunch!  IKEA's famous Swedish meatballs, mashed 'taters with gravy and lingonberry sauce.  The mashed potatoes are okay but I really, really miss the little red potatoes they used to have.

I got a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup, too, and it was delicious!  I asked about it in the Marketplace but they don't have it yet.  Maybe in a few months, the cashier said.  Don't give us a reason, IKEA. 

This was my birthday cake!  Chocolate Overload.  OMG.  Ami snuck a candle and lighter into the store so I could make a wish!

Ami was so sweet and she made me this adorable ribbon that I wore all day!  
I had twelve people working and shopping in the store tell me "happy birthday" and one sweet lady grabbed me and hugged me!  AND said I didn't look 46.  I just loved her so much.  :)

Here I am peeking in a freezer in one of the display kitchens, looking for some birthday ice cream.

 They didn't have no birthday ice cream.  :(

Here's Ami taking a picture of me looking for some birthday ice cream.  We LOVE this beautiful warm sunny window and take pictures every time we're there right in front of it.

I absolutely fell in love with this display bed!  I wanted some new bedding for Larry's homecoming so guess what?  Yep.  This bed now lives at the Schneider Condostead.  :)  Minus those white roll pillows.  I wasn't real crazy about them.  And since our bed is a queen and they only had ONE flower print pillow anyway, I got just the one.  New sheets, new pillows, new duvet and pillow shams, new throw pillow (that I'm sure Larry's just gonna throw) and a pretty navy cotton blanket for the foot. Squeeeee!!

 I loved these funky orange lights!

 Ami and Brian, dressed in IKEA colors and carrying their cameras. :)

 Aprons are some of my very favorite things!

 I loved these handleless coffee cups!

 My buggy handle.  :)

This was so funny to me!!  A teapot named Omelett.  :D

So long, IKEA!  You gave the perfect birthday party!

Thanks, Ami and Brian, for taking me and spending the day with me.  I love y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billy!! Maybe you can join us next time!!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and happy your day was special. Love you and Ami and Brian for making your day so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a good time. Looks really quiet there. It seems wild every time we try to go. I love the lingonberries. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there was hardly anybody there but us! We always try to go during the week because of the crowds. I love the cheese! Next time y'all go, get some of the cheese from the marketplace. It is awesome.

      Delete