Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oven-fried parmesan chicken


Larry found this recipe in a magazine and he wanted me to try it.  So that's what I cooked today, along with some red-skinned mashed potatoes, fresh field peas and fried okra.

Here's how!

6 Tbsp butter, melted
5 Tbsp dry bread crumbs
3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp cornmeal
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 fryer chicken, cut up (3-4 pounds)

Place butter in a shallow bowl.  In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, salt, oregano and garlic powder.  Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.

Place on greased baking sheet and bake, uncovered, at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.

That recipe is super easy but being the lazy 21st-century girl that I am, I always look for short cuts.  :)  I used Kraft's Fresh Take Italian Parmesan bread crumb and parmesan cheese mix.  It has the garlic powder, I added my own oregano.

It tasted just like fried chicken with a little parmesan kick.  Yummy yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment