Thursday, March 8, 2012

Next to the last

Today is my next to last day at home!!  I start my new job Monday morning and I am SO excited and ready to get started.  I've gotten a lot accomplished in my seven weeks at home, my house has benefited from a ridiculous amount of spring cleaning, my yards have been raked and readied for spring and flower plantin' and I have gotten lots of rest.  So much that night before last (yesterday morning actually!), I didn't go to sleep until 6:00 in the morning!  Even in my young, young days, I never stayed up all night.  I slept until 10:30 yesterday morning and I was up until 2:00 this morning.  I am all messed up!  Mama reminded me last night how she used to make us start going to bed at 9:00 a week or two before school started every year so we'd be ready to get up when the time came.  Ha!  Maybe I'll try that tonight.

I sure should be tired enough!  I had a few errands this morning and when they were done, I just started driving until the city ran out and I was in the country. I don't even know where I was, just somewhere between here and Byron.  Today's Photo-A-Day challenge is window and I spotted this old barn out there and snapped a picture of its window.  Perfect, I thought.

I came home and started working on the yards again.  I've already done this one time since I've been hanging out at home but those leaves are still falling.

I don't want to start planting flowers until after Easter because Georgia has been known to kick up a cold front to welcome spring so I'm gonna wait. I saw so many flowers today at Lowe's that I want!  And a two-tiered bird bath fountain, too.  :)

But I did make a little garden today.  A rock garden that kinda sums up how I'm feeling on my next to the last day at home.


1 comment: