Saturday, January 14, 2012

How can it be that January is half over already??

So here we are, another catch up.  I have been SO PREOCCUPIED this month that I've been neglecting my little blog.  This week, I got a little closer to getting a start date at the base.  I turned in all my employment paperwork on Monday and they scheduled my physical for Wednesday and gave me a pass so that I could on base to get that done.  The ladies at the employment office had told me to get there early (like two hours!) and wanting to do what I was told, I got there waaaaaaay too early.  They were kind enough to take me on back anyway and I had several vision tests before they moved me back to audio to check my hearing.  Now THAT was interesting!  I was put into a soundproof booth, had headphones put on my head, I was given a buzzer to hold and was told to press the buzzer one time every time I heard a tone, no matter how faint the tone was.  I did okay at first but the tones were soooooo faint sometimes, I wasn't sure if I was hearing anything at all so I pressed the buzzer anyway.  After a while, this recorded voice comes on and tells me basically to stop doing that, that I was pressing the thing when no tone was present.  Bwah!!  I was so nervous and it was so quiet in there, all I could really hear was my heartbeat pounding and I have never in my life heard it so loud and clear.  So we started over and I only pressed the buzzer when I was absolutely sure I heard something and after the test, they told me that I pretty much have Superwoman hearing in my left ear.  I can hear at -5 decibels!  Like a dog.  Ha!  I talked with an Air Force doctor and she told me that I'd really have to protect my hearing out there and that they'd tell me all about that during orientation.  I saw another doctor and he checked my ears and mashed on my belly and asked me some questions and I was done.  Passed the whole thing with flying colors!  After peeing in a cup for my drug test, I left.  The whole thing took 2 1/2 hours.

The only thing I have left to do now to get my start date is to complete the CVIP (Civilian Virtual In-Processing) paperwork and I got that email yesterday.  I will get those forms to them Tuesday and I think that's it!!  It won't be long now.  I'm ready to get to work!!

I've been working toward this for nearly two years now.  I am SO excited to get started and see how the Lord is going to use me out there.  He has already answered every single prayer I've prayed to Him and He just continues to bless me.  It has truly been amazing.  God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him.  (Romans 8:28)  That verse is becoming a favorite of mine!  :)

I've said all along that I'd like to work on the flightline.  I really don't care WHERE they put me, I'll be happy anywhere, but the flightline seems to call to me for some reason.

When I got my CVIP email yesterday, it told me the organization I was going into.  Guess?  Yep, the flightline.  :)  That may not be where I actually end up but I thought that was pretty cool.  I hear ya, Lord.  I hear ya.

Hopefully, I'll get a firm start date this week.  My last day at work is Friday, the 20th, so if I'm at home a week or so, that'll be okay.  I hear that the flight line starts earrrrrrrrrly.  That's gonna take some getting used to.

2 comments:

  1. No arguments frm me...GOD always finishes the plan he begins w/us. (remember Lamar!).
    I hope things continue on the upswing for you...Good Luck.
    Hearing test was a hoot!~eh! LUV ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to think we couldn't wait for Christmas,now half of January is gone,but you have accomplished so much. I am so happy for you and about you. Glad they offered what you were hoping for. You deserve it and more for all your hard work and dreams do fall into place. Love you

      Delete