Sunday, January 1, 2012

The happiest of new years

I started this new year off right by joining the church this morning!!  I've been going for a while, I love the people and I've felt the Lord tuggin' on me for about three Sundays now.  The Sunday before Christmas, He 'bout pulled me right out of my shoes!  So I thought New Year's Day would be the perfect time to do it.  New year, new church family, all kinds of new stuff coming up!!  I'm very excited to see what 2012 brings to me and Larry and our family.  2011 for me was a year of fun and laughter, sorrow and loss and just about everything else in between.  It was lots of school school school and trying to balance my job and my classes, my life outside of both and it was a challenge at times.  So I started praying and I started going to church regularly and you know what, the Lord worked it ALL out!!  That's been the biggest and best thing that happened to me in 2011.

I started a little New Year's Day tradition of my own three years ago.  Instead of cooking all the must-haves for New Year's just for me, I go over to Cracker Barrel and get a plate.  I did that today and they were SO busy, I had to park over at Lowe's and walk.  I've never seen them that packed.  Anyway, I waited and got mine to go.

Black-eyed peas, greens, fried okra, chicken and dumplin's and cornbread.
Hush ya mouth.

And while I waited, I looked around a little in the gift shop where they had Christmas stuff 70% off!!  I got a few things for next year!  :)

Happy New Year to every single one of you who reads my blog.  I just want you to know that even if you don't leave comments or let me know you're reading about my life and thoughts, I consider you my friend and I wish you the best year you've ever had! 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Finding a church "home" is amazing. Happy that's happened for you.
    LUV Cracker Barrel...their food is awesome! Makes sense for one person eatin to do that.
    You are the BESTEST "adopted daughter"-friend. LUV ya bunches.
    Hoping your 2012 is the best yet. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you.Sending hugs to you.The dinner looks yummy. Love you

    ReplyDelete