Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Harder The Life, The Sweeter The Song

Ain't that the truth? That's the tagline for the movie, "Crazy Heart".  I have been wanting to see it ever since I first heard about it a month ago and it finally started playing yesterday at the Galleria.  I went to see it this afternoon and it was amazing.  Jeff Bridges was absolutely incredible as washed-up, alcoholic country music star, Bad Blake. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a young reporter, a very unlikely match for Bad, but watching them fall in love is so touching that I actually cried TWICE.  Oh, the sweetness!  Just look at 'em!!!!

And Robert Duvall's small part was a nice surprise.  I love him and had no idea he was in this movie.

I did a little research online and discovered that Jeff Bridges has never won an Oscar.  I'd be very surprised if old Bad Blake doesn't change that for him.

**** Oscar Update!!  3/7/10 ****

He won Best Actor!  He sure did.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm surprised at him. Glad he was good in this movie.

    ReplyDelete