Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Complicated...And Hilarious

I finally saw this movie tonight. It's only been out since Christmas and I've only been wanting to see it since Thanksgiving!  

I went with my coworker and friend, Lisa, after we'd had supper at O'Charley's.  I did SO GOOD at supper!!  I had the Baja Chicken but without the rice and I didn't eat the tortilla strips on top, I had a salad and a side of steamed broccoli.  And sugar-free raspberry iced tea that was really, really good.

I laughed out loud so many times during this movie.  I thought it was hilarious, sweet and touching all at the same time. Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin play a couple, Janie and Jake, who after 19 years of marriage and three children, divorced because he cheated on her with a much younger woman, a woman he later married and then she cheated on him and had a child with another man.  Some 10 years after their divorce, Jake and Janie begin an affair around the same time she meets and begins to like Adam (Steve Martin), an architect who's building an addition to her house. This movie ain't called "It's Complicated" for nothin'!  

No comments:

Post a Comment