Saturday, January 16, 2010

And Now Back To Me

I have had the most peaceful, restful, wonderful rainy day!  I really needed it, too.  I haven't had a week off in almost a year (but one's coming soon!) and I am exhausted.  I don't take enough time for me and the older I get, the more it shows on my face!  I'm trying to do better with that this year.  I'll be 43 in June.  I have to do better.

Today I slept obscenely late, cooked a little, read a little, walked on my treadmill, lit a bunch of candles, watched a movie and just enjoyed my ME time.

I started the South Beach diet January 3rd and tomorrow will be the end of the first two weeks, Phase 1, the most restrictive part of the diet.  I have to admit I have not been hungry. The first few days were rough coming off sweet tea but I am so proud of myself for making it!! Unsweetened tea's not all bad.  I don't like artificial sweeteners, I just don't trust them, so I just roughed it the first week without sweetener.  I did a little research online on Truvia and I think it may be safer than aspartame since it's made from the stevia plant and the natural sugars that fruit makes when it ferments.  But who knows for sure if it's any safer?  Guess I'll find out 'cause I got me some!

The first week I lost 9 pounds.  Then I lost one more. Then I gained three!  I went to our local bookstore and bought the book Tuesday and as of this morning, I've lost 11 pounds!  I just wasn't doing something right.  I got that book, read it and followed it to a tee and I started losing again. I think I was just mixing Atkins and South Beach and they are two totally different diets. South Beach seems to be easier for me to imagine doing long-term.  I love vegetables and milk and a life without them just won't work for me.

I'll blog about my weight loss more now that I've actually lost some!  I wasn't going to mention it in case the first two weeks were epic fail and believe me, I've had two weeks of diets before that were just that.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just did a search for bloggers blogging about South Beach and I happened across your blog! I started my weight loss journey on July 6th and to date I've lost 70.6 lbs. I love the SB diet! I've tried and failed Weight Watchers too many times to count and this is the one life style change that has really clicked with me. I wish you the best!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. Glad you got much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Keep it up. Hopefully you can inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Ginger! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete