Sunday, August 30, 2009

So What Did You Do This Weekend?


I'm sitting here on this rainy Sunday night wondering where the heck my weekend went.  So I thought I'd break it down and force you to read about it.  :D
Friday night, I cleaned my house and did laundry and watched CNN. Hey, I never said I was a party girl.
I spent Saturday with my hubby and then I went to see Taking Woodstock in the afternoon.  I usually like the movies I go see.  I research them to death before I decide to pay to see them and I honestly thought I'd like this one.  I mean, come on. It's a well-known fact that my fixation for Woodstock knows no bounds.  I freakin' LOVE Woodstock.  Okay?  Peace, love, mud, Jimi Hendrix doing the Star Spangled Banner at dawn. Freakin'. love. it. 
I didn't really love this movie, though.  I was really disappointed that none of the concert was shown.  It was basically a movie about the organization of Woodstock and I don't even know if all that is true or if this is also an alternate-history movie like Inglourious Basterds is (which incidentally, I enjoyed immensely last weekend!). There was one scene in Taking Woodstock that I really liked.  I can't say it was all bad.  The acid trip scene is pretty darn cool. Bright, vivid, melty colors and an ocean of people, just wave after wave of people. That was beautiful. But as far as telling the story of Woodstock or honoring its 40th anniversary, in my little humble opinion, they failed. Epically.
I spent today with Larry, too (It is so sweet now that he's 18 miles from here!!  Not that that has ever stopped me before.  I've always seen him both days, every weekend, no matter where he was.), and then this evening, I went to church and joined a new Bible study we're starting. It's called The Truth Project and it grabbed my attention the second they mentioned it last Sunday morning during church.  If you have time, you should check it out.  It's really interesting and I'm keeping my heart open to embrace the truth as I go through the 12-week course. I'm sure I'll be talking more about this!  It's very exciting!!
So, I guess that's where my weekend went. Yawwwwwwn. I'm going to sleep! 

1 comment: