Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Decking the Halls (and the Schneiders!)

Ha!  How do you like my little play on words?  Decking the Hall, that's ME!  :)

We have been as busy, busy, busy as Professor Hinkle writing, "I am very sorry for what I did to Frosty" a hundred zillion times so maybe, just maybe he'd find a new hat under his tree Christmas morning.  

We got our tree Monday afternoon, a beautiful Frazier fir (my favorite!) and got it up and decorated, Larry spent all day Tuesday putting up lights outside and we decorated the inside the past two nights.  Whew!  Maybe we're finished...

Here's the house!

I've had this Pooh Bear for ten years.  It was given to me by my cousin, Kim, when his kids outgrew it.  This is the first year Pooh has been lit up!  Larry fixed him up with his own light today.


Sweet little snowman that we picked up at a yard sale last summer.  

 And my old Santa Claus, who follows me everywhere.  :)

I borrowed this idea from Miss Margaret (Corley).  She has pictures of four of my beloved aunts and uncles at a Christmas party at her house in the 60's.  I just love those pictures!  So I hung tinsel garland over the opening from the living room to the kitchen and hung vintage ornaments on it.  Vintage ornaments that I got at an estate sale last summer ten for a dollar.  These six are all that survived.  They have hairline cracks and are verrrrrrry fragile and I broke four of them trying to put them up.  I don't expect these six to be long for this old world either so I'm going to enjoy them as long as I can, especially since my 6'4" husband hits his head on them coming and going.  :)


I just love this pink one!

And I love how my tea cart turned out!!  It's perfect for displaying the vintage Christmas stuff I've collected this year!


Here's Santa all lit up! 

Larry found this beautiful vintage Hazel Atlas egg nog bowl and cup set at a yard sale for three dollars!  


I've replaced the every day dish towels with Christmas ones and we've wrapped a few presents.  When I think back to about this time last December and how much has changed since then, I want to slow it down and savor every minute of this Christmas.  We were rushed to get a tree, rushed to get things done at the last minute.  Not this year.  This year we are going to enjoy every second of this beautiful, magical month!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, live it up and soak it in. Your home looks wonderful and I know the people in it are even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always loved Christmas and I want you and Larry to enjoy this beautiful time together with no rushing to get things done. Every spot of your house is beautiful. Now sit back and savor every minute. Love you.

    ReplyDelete