Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Cobbler

Today's Sunday Cake is brought to you by the mound of peaches in my kitchen.  I made SEVEN cobblers, one for us and six for neighbors.  Larry's been out this afternoon delivering them.  $18 for a box of peaches at Mr. Brown's place is gonna end up feeding a bunch of families, depending on what I decide to do with the 27 peaches we still have left.

My peach cobbler recipe is a combination of Paula Deen, my mama and me.  It's foolproof.  And you don't have to use Elberta peaches, Aimee!  :)

Larry peeled ALL those peaches for me.  Sweet thang.



4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
2 cups of sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups of Bisquick
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
Ground cinnamon and sugar, optional for the top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine peaches, 1 cup of sugar and the water in a saucepan and mix well.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the peaches are good and soft.  Remove from the heat.

Put the butter in a baking dish and place in the oven to melt.

Mix remaining cup of sugar, Bisquick and milk slowly to prevent clumping.  Pour mixture over melted butter.  Do not stir.  Spoon the peaches on top, gently pouring in some of the syrup.  Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon and sugar, if using.  The batter will rise to the top during baking.  Bake for 40 minutes.  

You can serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream but seriously, this cobbler needs no garnishment.  It is delicious all by itself.

Paula's recipe calls for flour, my mama uses Bisquick.  So I use Bisquick.  I have a cinnamon sugar grinder that I use, too.  You can use just cinnamon if you want to or nothing on top at all.  I mean, it's that good.  Really.  Magic.  In yo' mouf.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so good. I think we're going to miss out on peaches this year, but I bet I can scrape together a cobbler. Now, I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY,and such a sweet thang for ya'll to do. Love you.

    ReplyDelete