Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Vintage lovelies!

There was just SO much to see at that little junk store Larry and I found on our way to the beach Saturday.  An absolute treasure trove.  Or Sanford and Son, however you want to look at it.  :)


Larry found some really cool patches and pins and I was all about the dishes!  I had just told him before we left not to let me buy any dishes on this trip because we have a cabinet slap full and we are running out of room.  He was no help whatsoever and actually encouraged the madness by picking out two plates himself.  I found an old green Pyrex mixing bowl and a FireKing casserole dish here along with the cutest little smiley face glass and then at Fish Art on Tybee Island, we found some plates (for 25 cents each!).  


The one I was most proud of was the Golden Meadow dinner plate by Sheffield that dates back to the 60's.  I was proud because Mama had some of these when I was a kid and when I saw it, I was immediately taken back to suppers at that little metal dinner table we had.

I just love it!  And I love that it was 25 cents and that Larry spotted it first, having no clue that I grew up eating off plates just like it.

I wasn't wrong when I called it nearly 26 years ago.  He is THE ONE.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You did find some treasures. Been a long time since I saw dishes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not allowed to buy more dishes, either, mainly juice glasses. Those are special plates. :-)

    ReplyDelete