Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Cake

Since I've had some requests for my Sunday Cake recipes, I thought I'd start giving y'all the recipes with today's cake.  I always ask Larry what kind of cake he wants and then we go buy whatever we need that we don't already have on hand in the pantry.  This week he said an orange cake.  He loves orange juice and has it every morning with his breakfast.  I love oranges, too.  They always remind me of summer vacations in Florida when I was a kid.  So I was excited to find a recipe for this week's Sunday Cake!

I used this one.  It called for a yellow cake box mix but you can use my basic cake recipe as well.   

1 cup of sugar 
1/2 cup of butter 
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Tried and true.  :) 

Orange Cake
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small box of orange gelatin
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
2-3 teaspoons orange zest

Orange Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest

Heat oven to 325F degrees.

Beat cake mix, dry gelatin, orange juice, oil, eggs and zest in a large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes or so. Pour into a generously greased bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour.

Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Meanwhile, whisk the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest in a small bowl. After you move the cake to the serving plate and while the cake is still warm, prick the cake with a fork. Pour glaze evenly over the cake. Allow the cake to completely cool before serving.



 Beautimous!

No comments:

Post a Comment