Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vintage bedding squeeeee

I have just fallen in love with vintage bedding this summer!  I've found some really good deals on eBay and Etsy.  I've gotten three beautiful sheets and eight pillowcases so far.  Vintage queen-sized sheets are really difficult to find, I guess because most folks had double beds in the 60's and 70's.  But I try!  I hunt and I hunt and I've been able to find three.  Muslin and cotton mostly.  They didn't really care much about thread count forty years ago either.  I'll admit that I'm spoiled and a bit of a thread count snob.  400 is pretty much my starting point but these are so ultra soft and comfy that I bet if you were to put a count on them, they'd be somewhere around 600.  I guess they just used higher quality material back then.  The sheets I've been able to get were still in the packaging, too.  They just sat in a bureau drawer for forty years until their owner passed away and her house was cleared out by her children.  I know she'd be so happy that I'm using and loving them!

This is what I have on the bed right now.  Four pretty floral pillowcases that I picked up for a song on eBay in May, a white organic cotton fitted sheet and a fine muslin flat sheet covered in tiny flowers. 


Tabbie Hoffman likes his floral throw that I bought at the beach several years ago and a pillow I've had for fifteen years.  :)


And I put this sheet on the sofa for now.  Just to keep the kitty hairs to a minimum. 



I may never buy new sheets again!

1 comment:

  1. I love old sheets and am always on the hunt for them. Goodwill sells them cheaply, especially if they're mismatched.

    ReplyDelete