Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fading fast


September will be here tomorrow.  Labor Day is Monday.  Even though it was a hot 90 degrees here today, summer is coming to an end.

Summer coming to an end means fall isn't far behind, then winter, then my husband finally comes home to me!  So I am all for telling summer bye bye.  Don't let the door hit ya in the butt.  Can you go any faster??


I was supposed to work today.  I worked ten-hour shifts last week and was going to work one more today before our holiday weekend but we were told yesterday at Wingman Day (where they served us fried fish, french fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw and fried chicken for those who didn't eat fish) that overtime was cancelled at least until Wednesday.  That we'd met our quota and were caught up to the point that the other buildings needed to work this weekend to catch up with us.  I have to admit that I was not the least bit mad about that.  I was exhausted!  The overtime was voluntary, of course, but I was going to go out there and get it but I was still relieved when they told us.  So me and Tabbie Hoffman slept way in this morning and didn't get very much accomplished at all.  Two loads of laundry and some nature time.  I think that was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! You don't need to do anything on your time off.Take care,rest ,I love you

    ReplyDelete