Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ami!

Today is my baby sister's birthday!

I found this quote online that I just loved and I had to use it for her birthday blog.  It goes...

Of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one the dancer.
(Louise Gluck)

How true this is for Ami and me!  She was born four months before I turned ten years old so I was kinda her second mama.  I helped feed her and change her and rock her and take care of her.  I was the watcher and she was the dancer.  I tried to keep her safe and out of danger while she grew.  I taught her things and tried to shield her from some of the pain of growing up.

Somewhere along the way, though, after we became adults, our roles reversed.

Ami is now the watcher and I'm the dancer.  She tries to keep me safe and she protects me from myself sometimes.  I honestly cannot imagine my life without my sissy.  It's absolutely inconceivable to me.

So, today, on her birthday, I just want to tell her how much I love her and how blessed, honored and happy I am to be her sister.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!  Thanks for being my watcher.

2 comments:

  1. You go on and dance, girl! I will always be your Watcher! I love you soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, You two! wE LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH AND GLADTHAT YOU ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER.

    ReplyDelete