Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yo, sound the bell, school's in, sucka

Yep, school's in. I went back last night. I found out Tuesday when I logged in to my online class that I'd have to have a projects code to set up the class. I didn't know that. So I had to go to the bookstore on the FIRST day of class yesterday and stand in line for an hour and 45 minutes to get an 18-digit code that cost me $75.  I always try to get a used book or borrow one mainly to save trees but it saves money, too, so I borrowed the book I needed for the class.  I didn't know anything about this code until I logged in.  That's how they get you.  Textbooks are so expensive and even when you borrow one, sometimes there's even more expense tied to it.  It is a racket, I tell ya! This computer class is the LAST online class I'll have to take and I am so glad.  I have to have this class to graduate so I figured I'd go ahead and take it now and get it behind me.  I'm used to taking two or three classes a quarter anyway.

I'm taking Solid State this quarter.  The third class in Electronics Fundamentals.  I've had Direct Current, Alternating Current and now Solid State.  I have a pretty cool teacher who's worked at Robins 27 years and his main job is testing government employees for recertifications.  He's never taught an electronics class so we're all gonna learn this together, I guess. 

I couldn't resist this title.  I dare ya to watch this video and not sing along.  I can't believe this song is 21 years old!  I sit in class with a bunch of young folks but I feel like I fit right in with them.  It's when I realize that songs from back in MY DAY are over 20 years old that I feel old.  Dang.

Stop.  Hammertime.


No comments:

Post a Comment