Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hodgepodge

There hasn't been much going on around here lately and that is such a good thing.  I need some calm and quiet before school starts next month.  I got my student ID and parking sticker the other day so all that's left for me to do is get my books.  It's driving me crazy that the bookstore doesn't open until the 29th!!  I want to get my books and start studying!!  Since I can't, I've just been getting my head together, getting lots of rest and cleaning my house like a fiend.  I have a set housework schedule that school is going to just bust wide open.  So I've mopped and cleaned cabinets and washed sheets and quilts and scrubbed tubs and baseboards.  I've mopped behind my washer and dryer and the 'fridge.  Told ya. Fiend.

I've lost 25 pounds so far and have been craving my mama's chicken and rice something fierce.  I have her recipe and I've watched her make it a thousand times but for the life of me, I cannot make it like she can.  Nobody can.  I can't have white rice on the South Beach diet so I did the best I could last night and made chicken and brown rice.  It turned out pretty good, too.  Just not like Mama's.  Sigh.

My clothes are loose and I'm seeing parts of my body that I haven't seen in a while.  Like my dimpled gallbladder scar.  It was kinda funny when I saw it the other day.  I was like, "Hey!!  I remember you!!!"

Y&R is driving me nuts, too.  I'm so ready for a couple of storylines to come to a head and pop already.  That's one thing I don't think I'll miss when I'm in school.  I might need a break from my soap for a while.  

So that's what's been going on with me.  Not much but that's fine by me. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 25 lbs! Exciting! If you run out of stuff to clean (which it sounds like you are), why don't you mosey on down to over to Houston and help me with a few projects! ;) I keep meaning to do some MAJOR spring cleaning!!!

    ReplyDelete