Friday, March 6, 2015

Hoppin' down the bunny trail

I LOVE Easter.  I LOVE Christmas, too, and I used to say it was my favorite holiday but the stronger my relationship with Jesus gets, the more I am becoming an Easter Girl.  Easter is THE day.  Easter is absolutely the greatest love story that was ever told, when God gave His only Son to die for our sins, so that we wouldn't have to die.  There's a line from a book and movie I love, "Life of Pi" where Pi, raised a Hindu but learning about Jesus, goes, "Why would a god do that?  What kind of love is that?" and the priest answers, "Amazing love."  Love we can't even imagine yet it's ours for the taking.  Easter is so, so much more than what it has become --- chocolate, bunnies and egg hunts.  I grew up having all that and I still enjoy celebrating that way but I always knew the true story, too.  Jesus' resurrection is the TRUE story.  A beautiful, wonderful story that gives me goosebumps and makes me grin from ear to ear when I think of it.

So, yeah, I'm getting excited about Easter!  Resurrection Day!!  We're planning a long overdue family reunion that day and Rhiana, Juan and the girls are coming, too.  I'm really looking forward to a beautiful day.

Even though we're still a month away, I'm already decorating!  I have my tea cart just about completely full.  Larry went to an estate sale this morning and got me one more blow mold closer to having all of the blow molds that remain on this planet.  Squeeeee!!!  


 He found this little cutie, too...


And all of these...(I love that sweet little wooden bunny pull toy!)


And this is what I've done so far for a dining room table centerpiece.  I love it!!


There are many verses in the Bible that I love, scripture that speaks to me and comforts me.  This is without a doubt my favorite.  How exciting it must have been to say that!!  This is where they put Him but He ain't here no more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment