Monday, September 23, 2013

Real Live Woman

I've been asked many times by readers of my blog and by my "friends" on Facebook if my family is as loving and close and perfect as we seem.  Well, we love each other, that's a given, but we're far from perfect.  No family is perfect and we are definitely not without the occasional meltdown.  Something has been going on in my family that has been bugging me for months and I've let it fester but after speaking my mind and getting everything off my chest at Lizzie's 1st birthday party (Sorry, baby!  I'm just so relieved that you won't remember any of that.), I have peace about it now.  I know where I stand and I know what I need to do.  And I know that I will no longer accept excuses for certain members of my family.  There's a song by Trisha Yearwood that I love called Real Live Woman and there's a line in it that I yell out in the car when I'm singing along with her.  Well, I pretty much belt out the entire song but this line is mine.  :)

And I no longer justify
Reasons for the way that I behave
I offer no apologies
For the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way


Here's the video if you want to hear the whole song.  It's my favorite Trisha song because it is how I feel about everything.  From the size of my jeans to speaking my mind to the man who loves me more than anything else on earth.




If you love me, great.  If you don't like me sometimes, well, that's okay, too.  And when I show my butt, love me anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. Families are INdeed complex structures.....there is always "work" involved to maintain peace n harmony.
    Good to know you feel better.......and the "vent" is done!
    LOVE ya, girl. JUST as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've asked that before. :-) I am learning that there are differences in families, as universal as the craziness is. Some operate on unconditional love and some don't. Mine didn't, but Mike's does.

    ReplyDelete