Sunday, July 8, 2012

...and died with a toothache in his heel...but wait, M&M cookies!

My family had a birthday party for my niece, Jessi, today and I didn't get to go because I've been nursing a toothache since last Monday.  I got a pretty deep filling in a tooth Monday afternoon and Doc said I may need a root canal.  Well, that tooth has hurt ever since the shot wore off!!  Shots, actually.  She had to give me two 'cause I'm a whiney-butt cry baby.  I've taken Motrin just about 'round the clock and last night, I took three of my Neurontin pills left over from my trigeminal neuralgia treatment (which I STILL have!  September will be TWO YEARS that the right side of my face has been numb.  I'm so used to it now, I doubt I even notice that it's well IF it ever gets well.  Argh!!!) and was so stoned, I walked into the hearth with all five toes stickin' out.  Yeah, ow.  But the tooth quit hurting and I slept like a log in the woods all night.  I have hope that the nerve in there will settle down eventually and I'll avoid that root canal.

So I didn't go to the party but in Mama's fashion, she hooked me up anyway and Ami and Brian brought me my stuff that she and Daddy sent.

Just LOOK!

Eggplant, figs from their backyard tree, peaches and fresh cherry tomatoes and okra from their garden.  Daddy also made me some deliciously awesome peach ice cream and he sent that, too.  They are just too good to me.

I can't wait to fry that eggplant up and make Eggplant Parmesan and make a big pot of stewed tomatoes and okra.  Yum yum!!

I mentioned last week on Facebook that I was craving some of my mama's M&M cookies.  Guess what??  Yep.  Three bags of 'em.


I truly don't deserve my parents but I am so thankful that God gave me to them!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy everything. We love to share with all of you. Missed you today. Hope you feel better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete